Whether in sports, governance, business or any other set up teamwork has always proved to be a winning formula for success. Things are done quicker and better when people work together towards a common goal. The more effective they are at working as a team, the more successful the task they set out to accomplish provided team members can communicate freely and share confidence in each other’s abilities and judgment.
Teams need building and team building is one of the best investments an organization can make. It’s a common scenario today to enlist the aid of a human resource services provider who will help develop and assist in team building initiatives and strategies.
Team building is about creating bonds and bringing out the collective genius within the team. Team building is a lot more than a recreational experience; team building is not just a socializing event. Many people think of team building as mostly outdoor fun and games, adrenaline rising activities or mere stress-relieving time off. Well, there’s more to team building than just that. Team building is a broad concept covering different types of activities with a definite purpose. It’s not fun for fun’s sake, but for business’ sake. True team building has both meaning and purpose.
Team members who work well together create positive result and enjoy themselves while working Unfortunately, not all teams work well together – a fact that has sparked intense interest in techniques for improving teamwork effectiveness.
Team building refers to activities that improve the effectiveness of a team by bulding better working relationships, better understanding and alignment among members and improved communication and trust. Below are four main types of team building interventions that have proved to be successful in creating high-performance team
- Personality-Based Team building
- Activity-Based Team building
- Skills-Based Team building
- Problem solving-Based Team building
- To understand the unique role of each individual in a team environment
- To understand the meaning of team work and its role in building a strong organizations
- To appreciate the role of trust and effective communication in team building
- To enhance cross functional team working
- Treate rapport among team building
- Acquire sense of achievement through fun and adventure
- Freely bond with team members
Teams of people working together to create positive results have proven to be one of the best ways to run projects. The more successful the teams are at working together, the better the outcomes and the higher the satisfaction of the team members. When team members do not work together well, institutions can, unfortunately, experience the opposite effect: lack of consensus, wasted meetings and meeting time, mediocre or poor execution of work tasks, and low morale. The four types of teambuilding interventions presented here, when employed in the right way for the right type of team problem, can considerably improve team performance.
- Learning concepts such as the challenge by choice and the importance of goal setting will be discussed
- Team building activities where the group is required to problem solve, set goals, and resolve conflict, many of which are on our Team Development Course (A low-ropes challenge course)
- High-Ropes, cargo net climbing, or wall climbing. Trust based activities such as trust fall
- Several “ice breakers” to develop a comfort zone with other group members
- Hoopla hoop pass
- Gordion Knot
- Group hug
- Orange Kiss
Senior management teams in private and public sectors